Melbourne Regatta & Blessing of the Fleet - Sunday 28th August
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Docklands, Victoria
- Product code: REGATTA
We welcome you to cruise aboard ex-Sydney ferry to celebrate Melbourne’s 181st Birthday and join in the fun and excitement, on Sunday August 28th 2016.
Our boat is an ex-Sydney Ferry and has full bar facilities plus food will be available for purchase onboard. Her spacious two deck layout and covered outside areas will be perfect for experiencing the Melbourne Regatta and the Blessing of the Fleet. After the Ceremony we will form up into a Flotilla with other vessels and make a short cruise into the Port of Melbourne. We will be back at our berth by 1:30pm and you can disembark and make your way round to the Food Market with many food stalls. Live Music from around the World, with Calypso, Reggae, Blues, & featuring our own Normie Rowe.
If we can get 100 members aboard with their families a donation will be made to the Alma Doepel "Voyage of a Lifetime" restoration appeal. http://almadoepel.com.au/
- A 2 hour cruise (includes boarding and disembarking time)
- Drinks and food are available to purchase. Bar closes 30 minutes before end of cruise.
- See a magnificent Spectacle of Cruising Boats, dressed especially for the occasion
- Participate in a Welcome to Country Ceremony
- Witness Father Bob Bless the Fleet
- Sing along with the Mass Choirs - Singing of the Sailors Hymn, Auld Lang Syne and the Australian National Anthem
Sunday 28th August 2016
The cruise will board at 11:00pm and depart at 11:30pm sharp for Blessing of the Fleet in the Southern Pond of Victoria Harbour and returning at 1:30pm.
$15.00 - Early Bird
$25.00 - Adult
Free of charge - Child (Under 14 yrs old) Must be registered online!
$40.00 - Family (2 Adults + 2 Children)
View a video of last years Melbourne Regatta here: https://youtu.be/Awlo3r2l_GY